142 corpses recovered after Boko Haram highway massacre

I’m sure you guys have been reading about all the killings perpetuated by Boko Haram in the past few days in the Northern part of the country. They are going to homes, highways and just killing people.

Just yesterday 142 bodies were discovered and evacuated from the highway and surrounding bushes in Borno state by officials of the Borno State Environmental Protection Agency (BOSEPA) after travelers were ambushed, removed from their cars and killed on the Maiduguri/Damaturu highway on Tuesday Sept 17th by Boko Haram members who dressed up as soldiers and set up checkpoints.

The officials said they believe there are more bodies they are yet to find but plan to keep searching.

The gunmen, said to be over 300 in number, also stormed Benisheikh town in Borno state on Wednesday, killing civilians, soldiers, policemen and setting houses, cars and motor cycles ablaze
 
The military post in the area and the local government secretariat were also attacked with rocket-propelled grenades.

The governor of the state promised people who lost loved ones or property N250,000 each as compensation and promised to rebuild the destroyed town. He described the attack as barbaric and un-Islamic.

The attack is believed to be in retaliation of a military strike on a Boko Haram camp last week that left about 150 members dead.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s